17 Dec 2014

school more like no

Written by Unknown at Wednesday, December 17, 2014
exclusive footage of me exiting the school
So school ended.

And basically I'm going ballistic because of all the new opportunities that I can finally take advantage of during the holidays. I can't wait to just wake up at 10 in the morning and not have to instantly regret not setting my alarm. Not to mention all the things I'll be able to do instead of idly blinking in a desk in front of the teacher. And no studying!! How great is that? I'll finally be able to relax and not constantly check my diary every five minutes to finish all my homework. Also, the cover of my diary was starting to fall apart, it's kind of sad, really. Just like when my umbrella was absolutely trashed because of a really windy day, and Mr Z came into the Geography room and looked it and said, "Wow, that's the saddest umbrella I've ever seen." Followed by inevitable question, "Who's is it?" Which led to nearly the whole class looking at me, and me slowly sinking into the hole of embarrassment that had just opened up on the ground. 

Asides from that, I wanted to talk about my day in this post. so that's exactly what I intend on doing. Starting from the very start of school. 

MY VERY DETAILED(?) RECOUNT

The day started off with me being late to school, topped off with the fact that I basically had no idea where to go, I was in big trouble. However, everything was okay again when I noticed my friend. I was so relieved when I saw her, and she told me that we basically had to go to our first period of the day. She also happened to mention that I would be receiving an official award in the MPU, along with the all the people in my friend circle. I was ecstatic.

So, I entered the classroom, and the teacher totally forgot about us! After 20 minutes, my friend and I had to go and tell her, and she was just like, "Oh, I though it was Thursday!" This led to us being one of the last classes to make it to MPU, where we were told to bring a gold coin donation. I, being the idiot I am, didn't realise you didn't have to donate, so I hurriedly rushed to classroom to get my money. By the time I came back, everyone in the MPU was seated and singing the national anthem. 

I had to ask one of the teachers where I should sit, because I was receiving an award, and he told me to sit on one of the seats in the front. But, since the seating was meant to be in alphabetical order, I was in the wrong seat and far, far away from where I was supposed to be sitting. 15 minutes and tons of panic later, I finally got the opportunity to slip past people and sit in my allocated spot. 

Then, I had to quickly rush to receive my award, and sit back down in my seat. After that, I was able to relax and actually discover what awards I had been given. Geography and Science! I was so excited, I'm still really really happy, especially since I consider Science to be one of my worst subjects. But hey, if my teacher's happy I'm happy! 

The following hour (it felt like it) was spent clapping for other people, and listening to them getting awards. As you can tell, it got a little tiring after a while. I basically wanted to this. 
except in this case i would have awards in my hand
So that was that.

When all of that ended, I got to enjoy festivus, and eat all the food I could possible want. I bought tons of jewelry, such as bracelets and necklaces, and I'm wearing one of them right now. It's this really pretty butterfly one. My friends also gave me some pressies for the end of the year, and one of the most interesting things I got was a pedicure/manicure set. I've never actually used one before, so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes. One of my friends gave me chocolate aND IT WAS SO DELICIOUS!!  

Anyway, there was loads of music playing, and performances, but the definite highlight of the day was the sumo wrestling match between numerous teachers. It was hilarious to watch. 

Towards the end of the day, everyone started packing up, and were getting ready to receive the school reports, I was extremely nervous for them because I felt like I would do horrible. The suspense was of pure agony in the MPU as people hesitantly waited for their report. As soon I got mine, my heart immediately started to speed up. It was pretty much my soundtrack as I read through my report. But nervousness quickly turned to happiness as I found out that I did pretty damn well! The only mark that wasn't as good as I wanted it to be was PDHPE, but I don't really care about that, so let's just forget about it being an actual subject for the time being. I got an A for science!!!!! I accomplished one of my main goals for the year! Compared to the last two terms, my report for this term is something I am really proud of. My mum was happy with it as well, particularly the one for science. 

All in all, this year has been in one word; awesome. I've met so many lovely people, and without them my experiences of this year would simply not be the same. I've learnt so many new things, and have definitely matured as a person. I can can't wait for being in Year 8 next year, and not be referred to as a 'sevvie' anymore. 

I wouldn't change one thing for this year, and I know that;
All the despair, happiness and hope has led to this moment. And I can say that I am proud of who I have become, as always there is room for improvement, but for now I am grateful for the things that have happened this because without them I would not be the same person I am today. It sounds really cheesy, I know, yet it's the truth.

So as I bid this school year adieu, I leave you with one of my favourite lines from a song that I heard today. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Comment & Repeat :)